Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Robert Kubica: "I am confident 2011 will be successful ..."

Robert Kubica many consider one of the top riders of last season, and in general, one of the brightest representatives of the current generation of Formula 1. This year, Eric Bule, head of Lotus Renault GP, poses a serious challenge for the team - third place in the Constructors' Championship. In an interview with the official site of the championship Pole says he is ready to implement it ...

Robert Kubica many consider one of the top riders of last season, and in general, one of the brightest representatives of the current generation of Formula 1. This year, Eric Bule, head of Lotus Renault GP, poses a serious challenge for the team - third place in the Constructors' Championship. In an interview with the official site of the championship Pole says he is ready to implement it ...
- Robert, you're on the eve of his sixth season in Formula 1. Over the past five years have you been an impressive path from novice to contender for the title, then you are considered unlucky middle peasant, but last season you have returned to a group of leaders ...
- Each of these seasons was quite unlike any other. Markedly changed technical regulations, my car, tires, as well as goals and objectives. In the first year I was a test pilot, then took part in Friday's training and eventually became a prize-winning racer. I was pleased with the progress since has significant experience, as well as the podium at Monza - still one of the most memorable moments.
The year 2007 was not as successful. I pursued technical problems, and in Montreal, I found myself in a very severe accident. But 2008 has started well, and it culminated in Canada, where I won the race and became the leader of the championship. Unfortunately, the team that season set itself other goals, so I decided to stop upgrading machines, concentrating on preparing for next year.
It is a pity, because both the team and I was a lost opportunity to: sure, sorry about this decision is not just me. But the chassis of 2009 was terrible, because the machine was created around a system of KERS, which worked extremely important. When she was dismantled, there remain serious challenges chassis weight distribution. In the middle of the season, BMW has decided to leave Formula 1, but the second half of the season we had a good idea, and in Brazil were able to climb the podium.
In 2010, I was in a Renault F1, where I could breathe much easier. The season will be successful: the team listened to my suggestions and comments, and I enjoy driving machine. The last championship will be remembered for a long time, thanks to three podiums and some good racing.
- What experience was most helpful to you?
- In the first season, you learn a lot, but mainly because almost all new to you. Then you begin to understand not only in setting the machine, but also in the tactics and strategies in the race and the championship as it was in 2008 when most of the season I was fighting for the title. In any case, you will always continue to learn, especially when changing regulations.
- Frustrated that so far have not become world champion?
- No, not upset, because I know perfectly well: to win the championship is necessary to successfully developed a variety of circumstances. This can be compared with the transmission: if at least one of the steps is not working properly, the whole mechanism breaks down, or at least, his options considerably reduced.
- You really like the rally. Maybe so complicated that you pursue a career in this sport, as did Kimi Raikkonen?
- Now I get the pleasure of participating in the rally because the food is not aiming at the result, just for fun. Probably, if I become a professional rallistov, the situation will change. However, do not exclude such a possibility in the future could unlearn. The rally can be competitive, regardless of age, so I still have a lot of time, and I will not soon seriously think about that.
- Now we see that in Formula 1 is changing: there are riders who have a strong sponsorship. It seems that the talent is not enough, at least for some teams. You're not going to change their attitude to F1 in this situation?
- Not for me to evaluate solutions that take teams that are going to compromise, picking up riders. In the history of the sport is gone. In my opinion, the professional level racing, acting in Formula 1 is very high, and the championship of that does not suffer. If I was in a similar situation, I probably would have started thinking about other racing series, but certainly not going to condemn those that are trying to stay in F1, using all possible means.
- Your new car will be painted in black and golden color gamut - so look Lotus cars during the past glory of this team. What do you think about this?
- Knock on wood! Sure, the 2011-th year will be successful, because this winter the financial position of the team more favorably than a year ago, organizational issues are also addressed. According to Eric Bule, he wanted to in season, our car won the race - I had exactly the same mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment